Blogs to watch
Rice University Archives
Rice University's history, from the beginnings through today, can be found in the University Archives at the Woodson Research Center.
We are located on the 1st floor of the library, just inside the West entrance (the Brochstein Pavilion side).
We are open to the public and invite research in all our materials.
Some of our Rice Univrsity Archives materials have been digitized and can be found in Rice's institutional repository.
Main types of collections:
- University Administration
- Detailed descriptions of the records available from various University Adminitration offices such as the Office of the President, the Board of Trustees, and the Office of the Provost.
- Schools & Departments
- Detailed descriptions of the records available from Rice University schools & departments.
- Commissions & Committees
- Detailed descriptions of records available from Rice University commissions & committees.
- Special Rice events
- Detailed descriptions of records available from special Rice events such as Beer-Bike, JFK's Space speech on campus, Julian Huxley Symposium, and others.
- Rice related organizations
- Detailed descriptions of the records available from Rice related organizations such as the Houston Philosophical Society, Phi Beta Kappa, Rice Design Alliance, and others.
Normal Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Some materials are stored off-site.
Please call or e-mail ahead for specific information, at 713-348-2586 or firstname.lastname@example.org.