HeinOnline is the world’s largest fully searchable, image-based government document and legal research database. Fondren Library has access to: 1) HeinOnline Academic; 2) U.S. State Full Package; and 3) Fastcase Premium.
Access to HeinOnline Academic includes the following:
1. Law Journal Library,
2. American Enterprise Institute,
3. Brennan Center for Justice Publications,
4. CaseLaw Powered by FastCase (basic),
5. Civil Rights and Social Justice,
6. Code of Federal Regulations,
7. Federal Register Library,
8. COVID-19: Pandemics Past and Present,
9. Criminal Justice & Criminology,
10. Executive Privilege,
11. Foreign Relations of the United States,
12. GAO Reports and Comptroller General Decisions,
13. Gun Regulation and Legislation in America,
14. History of International Law,
15. History of Supreme Court Nominations,
16. John F. Kennedy Assassination Collection,
17. Legal Classics,
18. Military and Government,
19. NOMOS: American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy,
20. Pentagon Papers,
21. Religion and the Law,
22. Reports of U.S. Presidential Commissions and Other Advisory Bodies: A Bibliographic Listing,
23. Slavery in America and the World,
24. U.S. Code,
25. U.S. Congressional Documents,
26. U.S. Congressional Serial Set,
27. U.S. Federal Agency Documents, Decisions, and Appeals,
28. U.S. Federal Legislative History,
29. U.S. Presidential Impeachment Library,
30. U.S. Presidential Library,
31. U.S. Statutes at Large,
32. U.S. Supreme Court Library,
33. U.S. Treaties and Agreements Library,
34. Women and the Law, and
35. World Constitutions Illustrated.
The U.S. State Full Package includes:
1. State Constitutions Illustrated,
2. Session Laws Library,
3. State Statutes: A Historical Archive,
4. Bar Journals Library,
5. State Attorney General Reports & Opinions,
6. State Reports: A Historical Archive, and
7. Prestatehood Legal Materials.
Formerly LexisNexis Congressional, this resource provides full-text access to historical (1789- ) and current U.S. Congressional publications, and information about members of Congress and Congressional committees. Track federal bills and laws.
Westlaw includes U.S. and state case law (1944-). The system also includes access to: United States Code Annotated, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register (fulltext 1980+), state administrative codes and statutes.
Please remember to link to Westlaw Campus from the Rice website (after configuring for proxy) - Westlaw's security uses a combination of IP/computer address and a customer-specific URL. Using another library link just won't do!